A landing page is a web page that is no way different from any web page. Landing pages are created to target a specific audience or launch a new product or service. The purpose of a landing page can be anything from capturing eyeballs, a promotional campaign or redirecting visitors to the main page.
It is a marketing tool.
Your site can have any number of landing pages. There are easy ways to create landing pages:
- Manual development – Write code for a custom page. Modify the PHP files to make it to a landing page. Reference here.
- Using Plugins – There are many plugins available to create landing pages. One of the free plugin is Landing Pages.
- Using Themes – Many WordPress themes have the functionality to build a landing page. For example, Avada theme has functionalities to build elegant landing pages with a host of features such as templates, drag and drop feature, mobile-friendly design etc.
There are premium services also available in the market.
The key features that you should look for while selecting a solution for landing pages are:
- Responsive design – viewable on any screen size
- Easy-to-build – drag-and-drop builders similar to Avada theme
- Split testing – allows you to create multiple landing page versions for A/B testing + optimizations
I use Avada theme for landing page creation, it is simple yet powerful.